This is one of my favorite recipes to make ahead of time for lunches throughout the week. I love that it has a lot of protein and really stays with me throughout to day. It’s also good for a week in the fridge. Enjoy!
Skinny Chicken Salad
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ½ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half lengthwise (20 grapes)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped unsalted, raw pecans (34 pecans)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the chicken in a pot large enough to it all, and fill the pot with enough chicken broth to cover the chicken by about 1-2 inches. Add bay leaves, and if desired, fresh parsley stems and whole peppercorns to flavor the cooking liquid, then bring to a boil over high heat. When the cooking liquid comes to a boil, cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast reaches 165℉. Using tongs, remove the chicken and reserve on a plate. When it is cool enough to touch, shred it and set aside. While the chicken is cooling, prepare the dressing in a large mixing bowl by whisking together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the grapes, pecans, celery, and cooled chicken to the bowl, and gently toss all of the ingredients together. Chill before serving.
I like to pre-cook my chicken ahead of time and freeze it in 2 cup bags. For this recipe I use 4 cups of shredded chicken (pre made). Then add the grapes, pecans, celery, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper and mix it all up.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 223 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 427mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 24g Cholesterol: 59mg